FISO’s Licences – Regulation
In the frame of UE Reg. 550/04 and ICAO Standards (Circular 211-AN/128), ENAC has adopted the “Regolamento per la Licenza di Operatore del Servizio Informazioni Volo (FIS)”. Entered into force on 11/05/2011. The second Edition has entered into force on 26/02/2015.
This regulation lays down the rules for:
• the conditions for issuing, suspending and revoking FISO’s Licences;
• the conditions for validating, revalidating, renewing and using FISO’s Licences;
• the certification of FISO’s Training Organisation.
How to become FISO in ITALY
There are two Ways:
Students from Aeronautical Technical Institutes of Higher Secondary Education with the training program recognized by ENAC, after graduation, can take the exam c/o ENAC (ENAC Commission).
If you have followed out a specific and intensive course c/o an Institute certified by ENAC. This course has an average duration of three months and examinations are conducted by the Institute itself by a competent Commission (recognized by ENAC).
Requirements for the issue of a FISO’s Licence:
• Be at least 18 years old
• Hold at least a secondary education qualification Diploma
• Have successfully passed an examination c/o ENAC or have successfully completed an approved training Course c/o a certificated Training Organisation
• Hold a valid medical certificate ( Class 3)
• Have demonstrated an adequate level of language proficiency (at least level 4 according Doc ICAO 9835)
Actually the FISO’s Licences released by ENAC are:
• FISO – 740
Enav’s AFIU (11) that provide Aerodrome Flight Information Service:
• CUNEO *
• PONTECAGNANO (Salerno)
• TORINO Aeritalia
• VENEZIA Lido
* TWR and AFIS
Minor ANSPs (6)
• AOSTA AFIS Provider
• BIELLA AFIS Provider
• ELBA (Marina di Campo) AFIS Provider
• LUCCA AFIS Provider
• REGGIO EMILIA AFIS Provider
• TRENTO AFIS Provider
Enroute Flight Information Service
Enroute FIS inside Milano, Roma and Brindisi FIR/UIR is provided by (ENAV) Milano ACC/FIC, Padova ACC/FIC, Roma ACC/FIC and Brindisi ACC/FIC