During the 2017 IFISA Seminar it was decided to establish working group dedicated to FISO licensing.
The main purpose of setting up a Working Group:
To determine whether, according to the IFISA members, the standardization of requirements for FISO / AFISO licensing by rulemaking organizations as ICAO / EASA is needed.
- Identification of the limitations and risks resulting from the harmonization of FISO/AFISO certification rules.
- Identification of the benefits of harmonizing FISO/AFISO certification rules.
- Specification of the optimum certificate name (license, qualification certificate, etc)
- Determination if medical certificate is necessary to obtain FISO/AFISO certification.
- Determination of optimal training process and scope for certification of FISO/AFISO (Basic training, Rating, Endorsement training)
- Determination if language proficiency endorsement is necessary to obtain FISO/AFISO certification.
- Determination if unit competence scheme is required to maintain FISO/AFISO certification (minimum number of hours, endorsement exercised period, assessment of competence).
- Determination if Continuation training is required to maintain FISO/AFISO certification.
- Determination if any additional refreshment training (MET, Pilot Briefing, technical) is recommended for certified FISO/AFISO.
We ask for volunteers who will devote their time and get involved in the working group. January 15th, 2018, we plan a teleconference which will formally establish further co-operation rules and share responsibilities among members of the working group.
Please use dedicated topic on the forum or contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org