The executive committee comprises of:
John Baldwin – IFISA Vice-President
President – Air Traffic Specialists Association of Canada (ATSAC)
John started off pursuing a career in aviation when he entered the Confederation College Aviation Program in Thunder Bay, Ontario. He was hired by Transport Canada (TC) who was responsible for the Air Navigation System (ANS) and graduated from the Transport Canada Training Institute in 1983. His first posting was to Alberta at the Red Deer Flight Service Station (FSS) for initial qualification. Over his career he has worked as an FSS in the Yukon, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario. In 1996, John left TC when ANS was privatized and joined NAV CANADA. He left his operational position in Kenora FSS where he held the position of Team Supervisor to work for the Air Traffic Specialists Association of Canada (ATSAC) in 2012. He has also completed the Aviation Weather Briefing Services course and has been an On-Job-Instructor for several decades.
As a private pilot with 1400 hours, he routinely utilizes the air navigation system. He has attended training with the Air Boss Association of Canada, and was the Air Boss at the 2013 Kenora Air Show.
In his current position as President of ATSAC, he is responsible for representing FSS working for NAV CANADA. Duties include exercising supervision over the affairs of ATSAC, negotiating collective agreements, overseeing labour relation activities, and promoting aviation safety both nationally and internationally.
John committed ATSAC to participate globally and also received NAV CANADA’s commitment to attend the 2015 EPN FISO seminar. It was at this seminar where IFISA officially began, giving voice to the international FIS community
- 32 years’ experience as a Flight Service Specialist (FSS) in various locations in Canada FSS Team Supervisor for 10 years beginning in 2002
- Certified On Job Instructor
- Completed the Instructional Methods Course for classroom training
- Private fixed wing pilot with 1400 hours
- Airboss – 2013 Kenora Air Show
- President of the Air Traffic Specialist Association of Canada (ATSAC)
Contact John at: President@ifisa.info
Slawomir Balazy – IFISA Board member
• Head of En-route Flight Information Service South Sector,
• Project Manager at PANSA Poland.
• IFISA Board Member since 2016,
• 20 years’ experience in Air Traffic Services,
• Military ATCO/AFISO/FISO since 1997 to 2004,
• FISO Since 2004 in Flight Information Service Krakow,
• Completed Train the trainers course,
• Completed Project Management Prince 2 Foundation/Practitioner training,
• Completed Eurocontrol SMS in ATM courses,
• Certified OJT Instructor,
• Certified CAA Examiner for FIS,
Contact Slawomir at: email@example.com
Sofi Wadjsö – IFISA Secretary
Training specialist, development specialist and project manager at EPN international aviation academy.
Sofi has worked within ATS since 1999. In her work at Entry Point North AB (international aviation academy) she has developed and conducted training for AFIS and FISO. Sofi has been the one of the hosts of the annual international AFIS (later FISO) seminars since they started in 2009. In this work she has acquired many international contacts and has gathered lots of knowledge of the diverse world of FIS. She has been consulted as international FIS expert by EASA.
Sofi has worked within non-profit organisations since childhood and has lots of experience of executive board membership and secretary duties.
Sofi was a driving force in establishing IFISA.
- 1997, Air traffic controller training at SATSA
- 1999, ATCO assistant Malmö ATCC
- 2000, Watch supervisor support, Malmö ATCC
- 2004, Flight Data Operator Malmö ATCC
- 2006 – present, Training specialist at Entry Point North AB with speciality in FIS training.
- Several years experience as president of local union club at Malmö ATCC and several more as secretary of national union for ATCO and FIS personnel.
Contact Sofi at: Secretary@ifisa.info
Jonas Nordmo Myhre – IFISA Treasurer
- AFISO Since 2010 at Rørvik Airport (ENRM)
- Deputy Board member of NTL Luftfarten, and Head of AFIS Committee of NTL Luftfarten, both since 2014
Contact Jonas at: Treasurer@ifisa.info
Mikkel Liebeman Drescher
Currently employed by Naviair as Head of Procedures, Copenhagen Information.
- More than 20 years of experience working in ATS, both as military, for 11 years, and the last 9 years as a civilian.
- His primary work is in Rules and Procedures, but I have experience within Operations, Project Management, Management, Safety assessment, Incident Investigation, Education, Airspace Management Cell, Continuous Improvement and much more.
- He participate various international working groups and safety forums.
Contact Mikkel at: firstname.lastname@example.org